Saturday, March 10, 2007

Seeking Technology for Educational Use

As an educator, administrator, student, and parent, my goal for this blog is to interact with and gain insight/ideas about technological aspects that may be used across curricula and grade levels. I understand that this is a broad scope and may eventually require some narrowing, but at this point my own knowledge and familiarity is somewhat limited.

I am beginning a new stage in my educational career. I will soon become the Headmaster at my old school and one of my goals is to be able to provide as much information and aid (from a technological standpoint) that can be of use for the faculty and students. Because we are a K-12 school, I think it is necessary to look from top to bottom. One area that I utilized the last year that I taught classes was "web quests." I found them to be a very useful and interesting way to augment my lessons and they are available in a variety of subjects. There are some neat sites that allow quick access and are very user-friendly.

Obviously, I am looking to expand and will certainly look for feedback from my UF Instructional Computing II classmates. But Information outside of that realm is coveted as well. So, as the title says...Ed-Tech ideas are welcome here!

1 comment:

KKRH said...

Hi! Thanks for the insightful comment you left me! I will be taking a look at the webquests link you left me shortly. You seem to really enjoy them so I'm excited to learn about them!

I will probably end up making most of my posts at the end of the week. I hope that's okay. I'll try to do them earlier in consideration of our group members, but the beginnings of my weeks are usually pretty crazy. We'll see...let me know if it's working for you or not.

I look forward to this semester! Talk to you soon.
-H.